Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A walk with Cody

I introduced Alex to my black Labrador Cody the other week. He was so happy to meet her and his smile was priceless. He was so anxious to meet her and he couldn’t wait to get to my house. We prepared for our walk around the corner by putting a leash on Cody. We then walked around my neighborhood for a short while.

As the dog walked I tried to apply what I had learned in my Language Acquisition class. In the class we were taught to question the child in order for him to learn about surroundings. I asked him to answer how many legs my dog has, what color she is, and what color her leash and collar were. He answered my question and actually was excited to answer them.

We later went to the pet store while Diana was at dancing school. We walked through the pet store and looked at all the animals and items. Alex enjoyed watching the fish swim and the tiny animals crawl around their cages. Alex picked out a new collar for my dog. He was very happy to get out of the house and view the animals.

No comments: