Monday, March 10, 2008

Kids Say the Darnest Things

So the other week I worked out really hard at the gym for the first time in awhile. I decided that I wanted to get more toned and had my friend Rob who is a personal trainer train me. We worked rigorously on my abs because I want a more toned stomach. It turns out I worked out really hard and suffered the next few days in pain.

I went to baby-sit the next day and could barely move. They best way to describe my body stature was comparing me to a hunch back. My stomach muscles were burning making it very hard for me to walk and stand up straight. Alex wondered why I was standing strangely and wanted me to show him how I stood numerous times. He asked me what was wrong and sympathized for my pain.

He asked me if I got bit and to stratify his urge to know the answer I replied yes. He continued by asking me if I got bit by a bug or a dog. I replied yes in order to stop his wondering. Finally Alex sparks up with an answer and his face lightens up. He say, “ I know! You got a baby in there!” My face blushed and I was said, “ NO, NO, that’s not it,” thinking that I could convince him that he was false. I thought I convinced him but I was wrong.

The next day while I was doing my observances at his mother’s school, she walks into the room that I was observing in hysterically laughing. She tried to catch he breath while she was talking and said that Alex told her that I wasn’t feeling good. She asked him what was wrong and if I was ok and he responded that I had a baby in my tummy. I wanted to crawl up in a ball and turn invisible. It was very funny and obviously a false story, but I was surprised to hear that he repeated his story to his mother.

No comments: