Sunday, March 30, 2008

Pet Store Palooza

The other day I set up a play date for Alex and his cousins Jill and Jen. I was supposed to meet up with his uncle and cousins at the YMCA playground at around four o’clock. It ended up being locked. I called his uncle, but he didn’t pick up. Finally, after waiting in the car for about fifteen minutes I got in contact with his uncle. He said that he was stuck in traffic and wouldn’t be able to meet up for about another fifteen minutes.

In order to pass the time, Alex and I visited the pet store across the street. Alex was fascinated by all the animals in the store. He admired the colorful fish and the fluffy bunnies. He walked throughout the store and commented on every new animal he saw. He played with the cages and opened up each and every one of them. It was very nice that Alex was distracted while we waited for his Uncle and cousins.

No comments: