Sunday, March 30, 2008

It's the Grades that Count

I helped Diana study for her Math and Social Studies test last week. We studied for about two hours and then took a break and played Wii. Her teacher assigned her a challenging math homework assignment. The directions were to use the numbers one through 7 and use them in all different mathematical ways in order to reach specified numbers. We worked on this assignment for about an hour and then decided to move on to the next subject. We never completed the math assignment because it got to complicated and she was getting frustrated.

Social Studies is a field of study that I am very good at. I enjoyed teaching her about this topic and helped her remember the different ways to memorize her work. It all paid off when she told me a few days later that she received a grade of 92. I was so proud of her and very happy that I helped her.

No comments: